THE SECOND CHANCE (or: Sorry, no co-workers allowed)

Sunday, May 22, 2005
 
Sunday at the Laundromat with Drew
Another Sunday, another story about the laundromat.

Apparently, I give off the 'approachable' vibe, because one gentleman there -- a regular who I have seen for many months now -- decided that today was the day he needed to talk to me.

Having seen me with scripts in my hand on many given Sundays, he decided to tell me his life story -- or a version very close to his life -- that he wants me to write for him.

I tried to explain that I'm a READER -- not a writer -- but I listened anyhow. I listened through the wash cycle, and well into the dryer portion of the morning. And his story frightened me, and saddened me, and made me realize how lucky I am to be me (and not him).

And, while it was flattering, it also made me realize that I have no boundaries with people. I can't say 'no,' even though I think it an awful lot.

Tomorrow, I'm flying to New York with my boss, who asked me along for 'fun.' I've started to think of her as Paris Hilton -- and I'm her Tinkerbell...except I make snippy comments and mock people with her.

From there, I'll meet Jerry at Newark Airport on Thursday evening, and spend Memorial Day weekend with his family in Rahway. I can't wait to see his nieces...they're growing up so quickly.

And, before you know it -- our escrow will close. June 1 is the official date. And since I won't be present for the paperwork portion this week, we're sitting down with our realtor tonight to make sure I don't miss anything.

I've decided that being in escrow is really a full-time job -- and having another job during n escrow period is not only virtually impossible to handle, it's also detrimental to both the job and the escrow process.

There is so much that needs to be done to the condo -- including some mold removal, which freaks me out to no end...but, as Jerry keeps telling me: it will all be taken care of. Somehow, I suppose he's right.

Since I may not be able to post during the week (i have no idea what the internet service will be like at the hotel), here are a few VERY quick things to ponder for the upcoming week:

OK. That should hold you for a few days.

Apologies that the postings have not been as regular as they should be. Happy Memorial Day, if I don't speak to you before then...


|
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger